Friday, November 30, 2018

8 Taste of Chengdu part 2 Street Food or should I say "Snacks"

When we say snacks we think chips, peanuts, cheese and crackers but in Chengdu, it's anything on a stick. Some easily recognisable others leave you wondering.



 BBQed and deep fried morsels heavily marinated in soy, chilli or a thick sweet substance. Steamed buns, dumplings and all that is just the savoury.
















The bakeries are amazing and I could easily survived on anything filled with custard.

Just as we would have water in China you are served green tea with every meal. Popular drinks are ice teas, fruit juices, milk teas and bubble teas... Bubbles you ask, think warm milky tea infused with beads of jelly that don't necessarily give it flavour but texture.

As much as I have been enjoying the fabulous lip numbing flavours, there are moments where I craved simple tastes of home.... Well until the next yummy thing was in front of me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment